Please see below for a complete list of current career opportunities available at The Alliance Hotel. Simply hit the ‘APPLY NOW’ button to complete and submit the resulting form.
Please visit this site from a desktop computer to attach your Resume / CV in .pdf or word format. If you are looking at this site from a mobile or tablet, you may not be able to use the attachment function.
The Alliance Hotel’s mission is to provide customers with a classic old pub experience.
With three levels of hotel much of the focus is on the middle level's award winning bistro which is open for lunch and dinner six days a week. The bistro serves up fresh seasonal gastronomic pub food that is complimented by an impressive selection of fine wines and craft beers.
We are currently seeking experienced wait staff to join our friendly team.
Various hours available involving a majority of evening and weekend shifts.
- Previous experience in BAR / RESTAURANT a la carte customer service essential (no fast food restaurants!)
- Current Queensland RSA - Statement of Attainment
- Team orientation
- Excellent communication skills
- Be motivated and able to work unsupervised
- Knowledge of wines, cocktails and/or craft beers is an advantage
- Availability on late nights and weekends required
- Passion for customer service and a friendly attitude is a must
If you are an outstanding personality that fits those requirements, please contact us with your resume.
Please do not apply if you have not worked in this standard of establishment before.
Only relevant applicants will be responded to.
The Alliance Hotel is a landmark destination in Brisbane's CBD suburb of Spring Hill.
With three levels of hotel, much of the focus is on the middle level's award winning restaurant, serving fresh seasonal gastronomic pub food complimented by an impressive selection of fine wines and craft beers. Aside from daily lunch and dinner service the rest of the pub fills up with functions in our four exclusive spaces on weekends or for corporate events during the week.
We are looking for a bar manager to fulfil a full-time role including responsibilities as duty manager on late nights, stock control and full creative control of our small ski-themed cocktail bar.
The successful applicant will work aside our General Manager Tim Mellifont and our restaurant / functions manager who currently handle most day to day operations in the venue.
Apart from a fun friendly team environment we offer:
- A full-time role – upon discussion
- Including 4 weeks annual leave
- Excellent pay plus superannuation
- Two days off including Sundays
- Weeknight finish by midnight latest and Friday and Saturdays no later than 2am
- Closed most public holidays
To be successful in the role you will have the following:
- Previous experience in bar operations and management
- Queensland RSA Certificate required. Holding the RMLV managers license will be very advantageous
- Excellent knowledge of cocktail making and a passion for fine wines and craft beers
- Be able to lead and work within a team and unsupervised
- Implement procedures and systems set by the operations manager
- Passion and enthusiasm to promote the venue and provide some creative input on events, promotions and marketing opportunities, possibly social media management
- Have an outstanding personality
Interested? - Here is some further info about the role:
The bar manager will be the manager on duty during the end of the night and upon conclusion of restaurant service. The role includes mainly stock control, weekly ordering of beers and spirits and checking on general bar setup around all levels of the venue. It will also involve running our small Chalet Bar during opening hours on Wednesday to Saturday nights.
The Chalet Bar is a recently renovated space nestled deep within the Cellar of The Alliance Hotel. While it is part of the building and venue management, it is somewhat kept separate with an individual cocktail menu and drinks on offer exclusive to this space complemented by lavish red wall interior, exposed brick and ski-themed paraphernalia.
The successful applicant for the Bar Manager position will have the opportunity to take control over this space and fully run the operations of this beautiful cocktail bar individually. This also includes creative marketing opportunities to promote the space with the help of our admin manager and marketing coordinator.
If you are an outstanding personality that fits those requirements, please contact us with your resume. Only applicants with relevant experience will be considered and responded to.